GLEN ROCK, N.J. — Glen Rock is offering residents a new local shopping experience with its "Shop The Rock Property Tax Rewards Program."
The program allows residents to register for a "Shop the Rock" card and use it to earn property tax credits when they patronize local businesses.
"It will certainly give business owners in town the opportunity to increase business and it encourages people to shop local and spend their money in Glen Rock," Borough Administrator Lenora Benjamin told Daily Voice.
The council decided to launch the program after a local business owner came forward with the idea, Benjamin said.
Twelve other northern New Jersey towns have instituted a property tax rewards program over the last three years, according to Carmine DeFalco, President and CEO of Fincredit — the management firm that runs the program.
All have received the program positively, he said.
"It has impacted the way people think when they go out to dinner or go shop," DeFalco said. "They're more inclined to stay in town."
Glen Rock has 17 merchants participating in the program so far:
- Bagel Culture — 7.50%
- Beekman Wines & Liquors — 3%
- Belmar Spring Water — 7.50%
- Cervone's Plumbing & Heating — 7.50%
- Fabulous Floors LLC — 3.75%
- Glen Rock Inn Restaurant — 7.50%
- Glen Toyota — 5%
- Kilroy's Wonder Market Inc. — 5%
- Mangia Trattoria — 11.25%
- Maple Rock Exxon- ON GAS — 0.5%
- Maple Rock Exxon - ON REPAIRS — 6%
- More Eye Care — 7.50%
- Prominent Tickets — 3.75%
- Rock Ridge Pharmacy — 7.50%
- Sen Sen Cleaners — 7.50%
- Stag House Salon — 7.50%
- The Studio-Glen Rock Fitness & Training Center — 7.50%
All accrued credits will be automatically applied to the 3rd quarter property tax bill. Renters can also register their card to receive a rebate.
Businesses can participate in the program at a cost of $10 per month. To sign up call, 973- 946-0919.
CLICK HERE to register your card.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.