FAIR LAWN, N.J. — ShopRite of Fair Lawn, an Inserra Supermarkets store, is to host a wide range of healthy holiday events throughout the month of December.
The store’s registered dietitian, Joannah Konecny, will lead the activities with easy-to-implement advice and instruction, according to a statement from the store.
All events are open to the public and scheduled to be held at ShopRite of Fair Lawn. None require advance registration unless otherwise noted.
According to organizers, December's events include:
- Fri., Dec. 2 – Kid’s Culinary Cooking Class, 5-7 p.m. Space is limited and pre-registration at the courtesy counter is required. Little chefs are sure to enjoy creating a healthy and fun meal with Konecny and Chef Melissa. This month’s theme is “Santa’s Workshop.” The cost is $20 for one child with an adult and $10 for each additional child.
- Sun., Dec. 4 and Dec. 18 – Warm Up on Cold Nights with Better-for-You Favorites Featuring Product Spotlight Al Fresco Chicken Sausages, 2-4 p.m. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner to learn a new twist on an old favorite using our Product Spotlight – Al Fresco Chicken Sausages. Samples and recipes will be available.
- Mon., Dec. 5 – Adult Culinary Workshop, 6–8 p.m. Space is limited and pre-registration at the courtesy counter is required. Grab your chef hats and join Konecny and Chef Melissa in creating a healthy and delicious meal. This month’s theme is “Dare to Pair.” The cost is $20 per person.
- Sat., Dec. 10 – Staying Healthy for the Holidays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Drop by the Dietitian’s Corner to hear about new ways to stay healthy for the holidays. LA Fitness of Paramus will be on hand to provide information on their gym, and Konecny will be sampling Kevita Kombucha and discussing probiotics for gut health.
- Tues., Dec. 13 and Wed., Dec. 28 – Meal of the Week Sampling, 1-3 p.m. Stumped on what to cook for dinner? Visit the food court for samples of our Meal of the Week. The recipe and ingredients for this week’s recipe can always be found in our Meal of the Week case.
- Thurs., Dec. 15 – Produce Pick of the Week Demo, 3–5 p.m. Stop by the Produce Department where Konecny will be sampling a recipe featuring this week’s produce pick. Try a new recipe and learn more about this week’s highlighted produce item.
- Mon., Dec. 19 – Managing Holiday Temptations with Better-For-You Baking, 12–2 p.m. It’s the time of year where family and friends gather and sweets are all around. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner for tips and recipes for treats to help you enjoy all that the holidays have to offer without the dreaded holiday weight gain.
- Thurs., Dec. 29 – Happy and Healthy New Year, 1–3 p.m. Visit Konecny’s office to toast to a year filled with happiness and healthy habits and learn about our upcoming “Eat Well, Be Happy Weight Management Series” starting in January.
ShopRite of Fair Lawn is located at 17-17 River Road, Fair Lawn. In addition to developing a full roster of store-based wellness programs, Konecny can serve as a guest speaker/instructor at wellness events hosted by local organizations, according to ShopRite's statement.
For more information or to pre-register for a program, contact Konecny at 201-419-9174 or email Joannah.Konecny@wakefern.com.