GLENN ROCK, N.J. -- The Glen Rock Dog Park Inc. is looking for a fundraising chairperson.
This is a volunteer board position. The fundraising chairperson provides leadership and a range of support to raise money for the construction of the Glen Rock Dog Park.
The goal of the position is to assist in the successful completion of the mission of the dog park, which is to create an eco-friendly, aesthetically pleasing, community-friendly, multi-generational, canine recreation park dedicated to the 9/11 search-and-rescue dogs.
Major responsibilities of the position are:
- Lead and assists in the development and implementation of a coordinated fundraising program.
- Recruit event chairs/volunteers to help plan for and manage a variety of fundraising events.
- Manage donor acknowledgements and coordinate thank-you letters and other correspondence with the secretary.
- Identify donor prospects and research donor prospects.
- Lead solicitations of corporate sponsors, financial gifts and gift-in-kind donations when needed.
- Interact with volunteers and donors.
- Develop of donor materials, presentations and mailings.
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the board.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to use skills in new ways.
- Board experience.
- Networking, resume and reference building opportunity.
- This position requires a minimum of a six month commitment, from March through September.
The Glen Rock Dog Park is at 233 Rock Road.
Interested parties should e-mail GlenRockNJDogPark@gmail.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.