FAIR LAWN, N.J. — The strip of Fair Lawn Avenue between Plaza Road and Pollitt Drive will be closed from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Oct. 20 through Oct. 27 for repairs to the railroad.
The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) will be performing a railroad crossing rehabilitation project on Fair Lawn Avenue that will require road closures and detours.
In order to provide safer and smoother railroad crossing in Fair Lawn, the existing crossing will be replaced with new concrete crossings and new asphalt approaches.
This federally funded project is included within NJDOT’s railroad grade-crossing safety program which repairs, upgrades, or removes approximately 30 crossings each year, statewide.
Detours from Fair Lawn Avenue East:
- • Traveling east on Fair Lawn Avenue, proceed onto Route 208 southbound and take the exit to Plaza Road
- • From Plaza Road, motorists will make a left and continue until Fair Lawn Avenue
From Fair Lawn Avenue West:
- • Traveling west on Fair Lawn Avenue, motorists will be directed to make a left onto Plaza Road
- • From Plaza Road, motorists will make a right on Berdan Avenue and then proceed onto Route 208 north
- • From Route 208 north, motorists will take the next exit for Fair Lawn Avenue
The traffic detour will be coordinated with our Police Department. If work is completed earlier, the roadways will be reopened accordingly.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors.
Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information on Twitter @NJDOT_info.