GLEN ROCK, N.J. -- A blaze that could have had worse consequences was quickly snuffed by Glen Rock firefighters.
The detached garage fire call came in from Glen Avenue a little after 11 p.m. Friday.
It turned out to be in a cabinet in a personal workshop with various flammable solvents and aerosoles, responders said.
The homeowner contained the blaze with an extinguisher. Firefighters handled the rest, including ventilating the structure.
Bergen County hazardous materials experts responded to ensure proper disposal of remaining chemicals, fire officials said.
There were no injuries, they said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.