A rooftop heating unit sent smoke into a Chase Bank branch in Glen Rock, bringing firefighters and closing the downtown area for about an hour and a half this morning.
No injuries were reported.
Firefighters from Glen Rock, Ridgewood, and Fair Lawn responded to the 8:55 a.m. call on Rock Road. Also on hand were borough police and the Glen Rock Volunteer Ambulance squad.
Authorities said smoke filled the lobby and crept into other areas of the building.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.