GLEN ROCK, N.J. — A taekwondo instructor will hold an all-day fundraiser on Sunday, Jan. 24, to raise money for a dog park in Glen Rock.
Instructor Gary Stevens will hold classes running from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at 175 Rock Road (behind the CVS). Suggested donation is $20 per person or $35 per family. Cost for the Jumping-Jack-A-Thon for children ages 5-12 is $5 per child.
The schedule is,
- 8-9:30 a.m.: Taekwondo for adults and teens.
- 9:30-10:30 a.m.: Kettlebell weight training for adults.
- 11:45-12:30: Taekwondo for the whole family.
- 12:45-1 p.m.: Jumping-Jack-A-Thon for children ages 5-12 with prizes.
- 1:15-2 p.m.: Adults and teens self-defense course.
- 2-2:45 p.m.: Self-defense for children ages 5-12.
- 3-4 p.m.: Juijitsu for adults.
The Glen Rock Borough Council, during a Dec. 9 meeting, approved the construction of a dog park on a tract of land behind the borough's recycling center, between Upper and Lower Faber fields. All funds must be raised privately and a GoFundMe site has been created with a fundraising goal of $75,000.
Click here for more information, email GlenRockNJDogPark@gmail.com or call 201-670-7263.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.