It’s gorgeous — from a distance. Here’s video of the snake that nearly cost 25-year-old Eric Bortz of Fair Lawn his life. The good news is that Bortz’s condition is no longer listed as critical — indicating he’ll most likely pull through.
COURTESY: Rich DuBarton
Bortz said he bought the monocled albino cobra over the weekend in Pennsylvania — along with two other snakes — and that the owner said its venomous sacks had been removed.
But its fangs hadn’t. Nor, apparently, were the glands that secret the deadly poison (For the original story, CLICK HERE ).
Police have tried to caution citizens that certain permits and training are REQUIRED in order to keep these types of animals as pets.
This snake could actually help save people like Bortz if scientists harvest his venom to create doses that counter snake bites.
Animal Control Officer Rich DuBarton made the video and posted it on YouTube.
Here it is:
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.